Primary Military Occupational Speciality
The Primary Military Occupational Specialty (PMOS) is the assigned code given to soldiers based on their primary role within the unit.
The infantry is the main land combat force and backbone of the Army. They are responsible for carrying out combat operations by land, as well as capturing, destroying and repelling enemy ground forces.
The Infantry Scout’s primary duty is to provide reconnaissance and surveillance for the company. They are 11B’s attached to the Battalion’s Scout Section alongside 19D Cavalrymen who carry out combat operations by land; provide intelligence; screening operations and maneuver support.
The combat medic is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment at point of wounding on the battlefield, limited primary care, and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness.
Radio operators are responsible for the maintenance and employment of radio communication equipment. The equipment needs to consistently work in order for the Army to direct the movement of its troops.
The joint fire support specialist is primarily responsible for the coordination and control joint fire missions on behalf of the company.
The ‘Aviator’ is responsible for all flying all aircraft within the unit’s arsenal including all fixed and rotary wing assets. An aviator fills a variety of roles including: equipment transport, medical evacuation, close air support, air assault operations, reconnaissance and security operations.
Secondary Military Occupational Speciality
The Secondary Military Occupational Specialty (SMOS) is the assigned code given to soldiers based on their non-combat duty role within the unit.
- Posting recruitment advertisements and coordinating promotional material on external sites: Steam Forums, Reddit, Game Forums.
- Enlisting recruits and conducting Initial Military Assessments (IMAs)
- Editing videos
- Producing and editing in-game graphics
- Creating stories & narratives
- Updating Service Records
- Processing Service Status Change Requests (SSCRs)
- Maintaining Paperwork
- Creating Missions, FTXs, and Deployment content
- Testing and De-Bugging Server Templates
- Editing & Designing Graphics
- Creating Vectors
- Website Design
- Animation Design
- Maintaining Unit Infrastructure, including: Website, Servers, Temaspeak, FTP etc.
- Coordinating and leading One Station Unit Training (OSUT)
- Assisting with One Station Unit Training (OSUT)